Friday, February 23, 2007

Will I really blog everyday?

Maybe. I'll write because I want to write, not because I have to write.

Several people have said that they really enjoyed reading my new blog, but they think that I am putting too much pressure on myself by having to write everyday. First of all, I did not say that I would write everyday. Nor did I say I wouldn't. I merely expressed a desire to write everyday.

On February 16th, I wrote:

"Back to my New Year's resolution.... The promise that I made is that every day I would write about one new thing that would help build a law practice. I plan to focus on five separate areas: legal services (product quality and packaging), business development (marketing and sales), office management (technology, systems, knowledge management), recruiting (virtual and real team building), and finance (billing rates, pricing models, cash flow)."

The New Years resolution that I made was a "promise" to myself to try writing every day. For the record, it was not a promise to write everyday forever. This is a new experience. It may last a few weeks or it could last for years. I promise to write when I have something interesting to say about the five areas of interest I outlined for The Virtual Lawyer. The good news is that I have been writing for 7 days in a row and I really enjoy it. It helps to clarify my thinking and has already helped to move my business forward.

P.S. No, this is not my post for today. I'll post something more interesting later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roger,

I feel the real value I gain in reading your blog simply comes from learning about your experiences in building a law practice, daily, weekly, or monthly, whatever. Also, your perspectives, insights, and observations on the challenges you face, as well as sharing what works and what doesn't, gives me a stronger sense of who you are as a person. So it's without a doubt that I'll share this with others I meet who are looking for conversations on the topics you've chosen to blog about...